APPLY: 2023 Canada Government Federal Skilled Worker Program for Foreigners
The Federal Skilled Worker Program by the Canadian Government is designed for skilled professionals possessing foreign work experience and qualifications, seeking permanent relocation to Canada alongside their families. These programs lead to Canadian permanent resident status, offering a pathway for skilled workers to settle in the country permanently. Eligibility for the Federal Skilled Worker program hinges on applicants’ high-level skills in a sought-after occupation and their fulfillment of specific criteria outlined by the processing office.
- Host: Government of Canada
- Category: Skilled Job
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Canada Visa | Employment
- Deadline: Not Specified
In order to qualify for the Federal Skilled Worker Program provided by the Government of Canada, applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- Skilled work experience: You must have at least one year, in the last ten years before you submit your electronic application for permanent residence, of continuous full-time work experience (or the equivalent in continuous part-time work) in a skilled occupation listed in TEER Category 0, 1, 2 or 3 of Canada’s National Occupational Classification (NOC).
- Language ability:You must show that you meet or exceed the language threshold of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 with test results from a IRCC-designated language testing organization.
- Education:You must provide either a Canadian educational credential or a foreign educational credential with an Educational Credential Assessment report for immigration purposes from a designated organization to prove that your overseas diploma, degree, or certificate is equivalent to a completed Canadian educational credential. (Points will be awarded based on the completed Canadian educational credential or the value of the foreign educational credential in Canadian standards).
If you meet the essential prerequisites, your application will be evaluated according to the selection criteria outlined in the Federal Skilled Worker Points Grid
If you meet all the minimum requirements, your application will be assessed based on:
- Work experience
- Whether you have a valid job offer
- English and/or French language skills
- Adaptability (how well you’re likely to settle in Canada).
These criteria constitute a 100-point grid employed to evaluate eligibility for the Federal Skilled Worker Program. Points are allocated based on performance in six different factors. Currently, applicants must score at least 67 points to meet the pass mark.
Applicants will be required to get the following documents ready before submission:
- A passport or travel document
- Language test results
- Proof of Canadian education or an educational credential assessment report
- Provincial nomination (if you have one)
- Written job offer from an employer in Canada
- Proof of funds
Method of Application
Applicants who are both interested and qualified can apply by utilizing the provided link. Please make sure to submit your profile through the official submission portal.