APPLY: 2023 NDDC Local & International Scholarships Program for Nigerian Students
NDDC Local & International Scholarships – The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) provides Master’s and PhD Scholarships for Nigerian students from the Niger Delta region to pursue higher education overseas. As a component of our Human Resource Development initiatives, the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) is launching the 2019 Post-Graduate Foreign Scholarship Programme.
This program aims to empower individuals from the Niger Delta with essential training and expertise, enabling them to contribute effectively to the Federal Government’s Local Content program and excel on a global scale in diverse professional domains.
Scholarship Summary for 2023 NDDC Local & International Scholarships Program for Nigerian Students
- Host: Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC)
- Study Abroad: Any Country
- Eligible Country: Nigeria
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- No IELTS Required
- Deadline: November 8, 2023
Scholarship Details for 2023 NDDC Local & International Scholarships Program for Nigerian Students
The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) provides Master’s and PhD Scholarships for Nigerian students hailing from the Niger Delta region to pursue higher education overseas.
The commission was established to address the long-standing socio-economic challenges faced by the Niger Delta Region. Its primary mission is to foster the sustainable and rapid development of the Niger Delta into a region characterized by economic prosperity, social stability, ecological regeneration, and political peace.
In order to qualify for this scholarship, you must:
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of a Second Class Lower Division is required for those seeking admission to a Master’s Degree program, while a strong Master’s Degree is necessary for PhD candidates. These degrees should be obtained from a recognized university
- Applicants must have secured admission to a postgraduate program in any of the mentioned fields at a foreign university.
- Individuals who are already enrolled in universities abroad are not eligible to apply.
- A letter of good conduct from a guarantor within the applicant’s community or clan is required.
- Member of National Assembly/State House of Assembly
- Chairman of the LGA
- First Class Traditional Ruler
- High Court Judge
- Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall not be considered for the award.
- Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC).
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The scholarship will provide a full tuition fee waiver for the year, plus a stipend of £8,000 which will be paid over 12 months.
- Applicants who can evidence their refugee status will be considered a priority group, however the University may extend the invite to apply to further applicants.
Interview details & Required Documents
- Online application on the Commission’s website
- Shortlist candidate using:
- WASSCE/ NECO
- Undergraduate degree (1st Class/Second Class Upper)
- Local Government Identification
- A computer-based test will be administered in each state of the Niger Delta by consultants. This test will assess proficiency in English, Mathematics, and General Paper, focusing on I.Q.
- Score a minimum of 70% in the test.
- Shortlist Successful candidates.
- Final verification through the Local Government Areas and Community Development Committees.
Documents Required for Application
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Post Graduate admission letter from a recognized Oversea University. Relevant degrees from recognized Universities.
- NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate.
Method of Application
Interested and eligible applicants are required to submit their applications through the following steps:
- Complete the online application form on the Commission’s website at (www.nddc.gov.ng), ensuring that all required attachments are included.
- Upon successful completion of the application form, an automatic registration number will be assigned.
- Print a hard copy of the on-line generated acknowledgement for ease of reference.
- All shortlisted applicants will be posted on NDDC website (nddc.gov.ng)