APPLY: 2024 African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) Internship Program For Young Africans
The African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) Internship Program provides a valuable opportunity for students with expertise in relevant fields to engage in internships. The AfCFTA represents the largest free trade area globally, uniting the 55 nations of the African Union (AU) and eight Regional Economic Communities (RECs).
AfCFTA’s overarching mission is to establish a unified continental market encompassing around 1.3 billion people and a combined GDP of approximately US$3.4 trillion. This ambitious goal seeks to facilitate the unrestricted exchange of goods and services across the continent, enhancing Africa’s position in the global market.
Summary for APPLY: 2024 African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) Internship Program For Young Africans
- Host: African Union (AU)
- Eligible Countries: All African Countries
- Reward: Full Sponsorship
- No IELTS Required
- Deadline: November 10, 2023
Details for APPLY: 2024 African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) Internship Program For Young Africans
The AfCFTA stands as one of the flagship initiatives within the African Union’s (AU) Agenda 2063: The Africa We Want, a comprehensive long-term development strategy designed to transform the continent into a global powerhouse.
This internship program is meticulously crafted to welcome highly qualified and motivated students from diverse backgrounds into the AfCFTA Secretariat. Their roles encompass project assignments aligned with the Secretariat’s Strategic Orientations, as well as support for the Secretariat’s organizational functions. The primary objective of this program is to offer successful candidates the chance to enhance their analytical and technical competencies within an international environment.
AfCFTA seeks to extend an opportunity to students possessing the requisite knowledge and skills in relevant areas, enabling them to serve as interns for a specified duration. This experience allows them to acquire practical knowledge and gain international exposure.
- For your consideration in the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) Internship Program, the following eligibility criteria apply:
- You must be a national of an African Union (AU) Member State and currently residing in Ghana.
- You should be a final-year student pursuing a full-time, fully accredited degree program at a recognized public or private institution of higher learning. The eligible fields of study include International Trade, International Trade Law & Policy, Economics, and International Law.
- Your availability is required for a minimum period of three months, which coincides with the program’s duration.
- Proficiency in one of the official AU working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic, Kiswahili, or Spanish) is essential, and fluency in another AU language(s) is considered an advantage.
- Possessing a high level of quantitative and IT skills is a prerequisite, with proficiency to be tested during the application process.
- You should have strong ICT skills and be well-acquainted with the Microsoft Office suite.
- A readiness and willingness to work within a multicultural and international team environment is expected.
- Your commitment to upholding and adhering to the institution’s rules and values for the duration of the program is paramount.
- Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Duration and Reward
The African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) Internship Program provides the following opportunities:
- Offering students the chance to gain exposure to the work conducted at AfCFTA.
- Creating a learning platform for students who meet the qualifications for internship positions.
- Providing students with a firsthand experience of the work within one of the ambitious projects of the African Union.
- Promoting AfCFTA to the general public, with a particular focus on inspiring the youth to work diligently towards achieving their goals of working with international organizations.
- A motivation letter indicating what they expect to gain out of the internship program
- A copy of valid passport or identity card
- A letter of motivation
- Current curriculum vitae (CV)
- Proof of enrolment, preferably a letter of introduction from one’s University
Upon successful submission of their application, applicants will receive an email confirmation that their application has been successfully received.
Method of Application
- To apply for admission to the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) Internship Program, candidates should complete an online application. Please note the following:
- If you are using our online registration system for the first time, you will need to complete a registration process before logging in.
- We recommend that you provide as much relevant information as possible when completing your application.
- Applicants are required to submit the following supporting documents as part of their online application: