APPLY: 2024 African Development Bank (AfDb) Internship Program For Young Africans
The African Development Bank (AfDB) Internship Program offers students a chance to gain valuable professional experience within the African Development Bank. It also serves as a talent pool for potential future recruitment within the Bank. However, it’s important to note that participation in the internship does not guarantee immediate employment with the Bank.
The African Development Bank, established in 1964, is the leading pan-African development institution dedicated to advancing economic growth and social development throughout the continent. It includes 81 member states, with 54 of them being in Africa (Regional Member Countries).
Summary for 2024 African Development Bank (AfDb) Internship Program For Young Africans
- Host: African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Eligible Countries: All African Countries
- Reward: Full Sponsorship | Monthly Stipends
- Deadline: October 26, 2023
Details for 2024 African Development Bank (AfDb) Internship Program For Young Africans
The African Development Bank’s development agenda centers on providing financial and technical support for transformative projects that aim to significantly reduce poverty through sustainable and inclusive economic growth.
To enhance the impact of the Ten-Year Strategy (2023 – 2032) and drive further development in Africa, the Bank has prioritized five key areas for expansion: energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration, and improving the overall quality of life for the people of Africa.
The Internship program is an integral part of the broader Talent Management Framework, which supports the Bank in achieving its goals outlined in the Ten-Year Strategy and the High 5s. Selection for the program is competitive and based on the Bank’s business needs.
To qualify for the internship, applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have reached the age of majority in their respective country of nationality or origin and should not exceed thirty (30) years of age at the commencement of the internship program.
- They must be currently enrolled in a master’s level degree program at a recognized public or private institution of higher education.
- Candidates can apply for an internship within one (1) year of obtaining their degree.
- Applicants must hold nationality in one of the member countries of the African Development Bank.
- They should provide a letter from their educational institution confirming their enrollment or a copy of the mentioned degree. Proficiency in at least one of the Bank’s two working languages (English or French) is required.
- Proficiency in the Bank’s standard software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) is expected, and knowledge of SAP is advantageous.
Duration and Reward
- Internships will be granted to each candidate for a duration of no less than three (3) months and no more than six (6) months, and each candidate is eligible for one internship only.
- Selected interns will carry out their internship, whether remotely or on-site, based on the requirements of their respective assigned units. Remote interns are expected to have access to a personal computer, a reliable internet connection, and a suitable living environment conducive to smooth and uninterrupted remote work.
- On-site interns will be responsible for their air travel expenses to and from the Bank’s location, as well as their living costs.
- The Bank will make reasonable efforts to assist eligible interns in obtaining entry and residence visas.
- Eligible interns will receive medical insurance coverage provided by the Bank during their internship period.
- Eligible interns will be granted a monthly stipend.
Strategic Focus areas:
The particular fields and specialized professional domains are in harmony with the Bank’s Ten-Year Strategy (TYS) and its gender strategy. In addition to the sectors within the Bank’s job families, emphasis will be placed on the following areas:
- Power, Energy, Climate and Green Growth
- Agriculture, Human & Social Development
- Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization
- Economics, Statistics
- Governance and Knowledge Management
- Human Resources and Corporate Services: IT, Language Services, General Services & Procurement, HR Management
- Audit, Anti-Corruption
- Communication & External Relations
- Public Relations
- Environmental and Social Assessment
Method of Application
To be considered, applicants must complete an online application and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV). If you encounter technical difficulties during the submission, please send an email to HRDirect@AFDB.ORG with a detailed description of the issue or a screenshot displaying the problem.
To apply for this position, click on the appropriate button below:
- Regular Staff: If you are currently employed as regular staff at the African Development Bank, click here to apply for this position.
- External Candidate: If you are not presently employed at the African Development Bank or if you are a Short-Term Staff (STS), a Technical Assistant, or a Consultant at the Bank, click here to apply for the position. Please note that you must be a national of one of the AfDB member countries to apply.