APPLY: 2024 African Peacebuilding Network Fellowships For International Researchers
The African Peacebuilding Network Fellowships welcome applications for research fellowships from African scholars, researchers, policy analysts, and practitioners engaged in work related to conflict and peacebuilding issues. These individuals may be affiliated with universities, research institutions, or regional, governmental, and non-governmental organizations based in Africa.
One of the central components of the APN is the Individual Research Fellowship (IRF) program, which serves as a platform for enhancing the quality and visibility of independent African research in the field of peacebuilding. This program aims to raise the profile of peacebuilding research conducted by African scholars, both at regional and global levels, and to facilitate the dissemination of this knowledge to influential policymakers, practitioners, and esteemed research centers specializing in peacebuilding, both within Africa and across the world.
Recipients of these fellowships are responsible for generating research-based insights that hold relevance and wield a significant impact on the domains of peacebuilding scholarship, policy development, and practical implementation on the African continent.
Scholarship Summary for 2024 African Peacebuilding Network Fellowships For International Researchers
- Host: African Peacebuilding Network (APN)
- Eligible Countries: All African Countries
- Reward: $15,000 Each | 17 Slots
- Deadline: February 11, 2024
Details of the 2024 African Peacebuilding Network Fellowships For International Researchers
The APN, on its end, is committed to incorporating the research-based knowledge generated by fellowship recipients into the ongoing discussions, methodologies, and policies related to peacebuilding at both regional and global levels.
Furthermore, the program endeavors to create a robust and prominent network of African scholars and practitioners who can effectively represent African viewpoints and voices in the wider context of global peacebuilding discussions, knowledge-sharing, and practical peacebuilding efforts.
- All applicants are required to be African citizens currently residing in an African country. This competition welcomes participation from African scholars, as well as policy analysts and practitioners.
- Academics applying for the fellowship should hold a faculty or research position at an African university or research institution. They should have completed their PhD no earlier than January 2013. Applicants who have not obtained their PhDs by February 11, 2024, will not receive priority consideration for the academic category.
- Policy analysts or practitioners who apply must be based in Africa at a regional or sub-regional institution, a government agency, or a non-governmental, media, or civil society organization. They should possess at least a master’s degree awarded before January 2019, and have a track record of at least five years in research and practical experience related to peacebuilding activities on the continent.
Duration and Reward
- Fellowships are granted through a competitive and peer-reviewed selection process, aiming to support six months of field-based research spanning from June 2024 to December 2024. A total of seventeen (17) individual fellowships will be awarded, each with a maximum value of $15,000. Women are strongly encouraged to submit their applications.
- During the fellowship period, recipients are obligated to participate in two mandatory workshops organized by the APN. • These workshops serve as opportunities for refining recipients’ research designs, focus, and methodologies, presenting their findings, exploring avenues for disseminating their work to a broader audience through publications and other channels relevant to various peacebuilding stakeholders. The workshops also facilitate networking and the development of collaborative relationships with fellow researchers, as well as experienced academic and practitioner facilitators..
- Completed Application Form
- Research Proposal & Bibliography
- Expected publication(s)
- Current CV
- Proposed Research Timeline
- Proposed Research Budget
- Two Reference Letters
- Language Evaluation(s) (if required)
Method of Application
- Interested and eligible applicants can begin their application by clicking on the provided link below.
- Make certain that your application is comprehensive, as any incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- If you encounter any challenges while accessing the online portal, kindly reach out to the APN staff at email@example.com for assistance.