APPLY: 2024 AIMS African Masters of Machine Intelligence (AMMI) Scholarship For Young Africans
The AIMS African Masters of Machine Intelligence (AMMI) Scholarship program is designed to prepare well-rounded researchers in the field of Machine Intelligence (MI). It places a strong emphasis on conducting fundamental research in MI and also on the development of a wide range of applications that address the current and future needs of both Africa and the global community.
Established in 2003, the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) stands as Africa’s pioneer and largest network of centers of excellence dedicated to providing innovative postgraduate training in mathematical sciences. We empower the youth of Africa to actively shape the continent’s future through education in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM), as well as through public engagement and research initiatives. Our network encompasses five centers of excellence situated in South Africa, Senegal, Ghana, Cameroon, and Rwanda.
Scholarship Summary for 2024 AIMS African Masters of Machine Intelligence (AMMI) Scholarship For Young Africans
- Host: African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS)
- Study Abroad: Study in Africa
- Eligible Countries: African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- No IELTS Required
- Deadline: October 31, 2023
Scholarship Details for 2024 AIMS African Masters of Machine Intelligence (AMMI) Scholarship For Young Africans
Upon completing the AMMI program, graduates will be well-equipped to contribute to and collaborate with leading industrial and public Research and Development (R&D) laboratories both within Africa and on a global scale. This will not only enhance the African Machine Intelligence (MI) community but also enrich the broader scientific community by making significant advancements that benefit the global community as a whole.
To be eligible for admission, candidates must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in mathematics, computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or an equivalent qualification from an accredited institution.
- Maintain a satisfactory academic record, typically with a minimum average grade of B (equivalent to 80%) or higher.
- Showcase an active interest in and/or background in areas such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, etc., as demonstrated through relevant coursework and projects.
- Be willing to serve as a mentor to an undergraduate student at their previous educational institution while enrolled at AMMI and consent to mentor an AMMI student following graduation.
- Display a strong commitment to addressing national or continental challenges using science and technology as problem-solving tools.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- All admitted students are automatically granted full scholarship
To complete the application process, candidates should be prepared to submit the following documents:
- Academic history
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Background summary
Please note that you should have your original degrees, diplomas, academic certificates, and transcripts with you upon arrival on campus.
Method of Application
Interested and eligible candidates should utilize the “CLICK HERE TO APPLY” button to initiate and complete the application procedures..