APPLY: 2024 American University Human Rights Essay Award For Young Graduates
The American University Human Rights Essay Award is an annual initiative supported by the Academy, with the primary objective of promoting the creation of scholarly articles in the realm of international human rights law.
For the 2024 award, the designated topic is “Safeguarding and Assurance of Human Rights in Digital Landscapes.” Contestants are granted the freedom to select any topic that pertains to this overarching theme.
Nevertheless, it is imperative that the essay’s scope is directly pertinent to the 2024 theme, as any deviation will result in disqualification. Furthermore, it is worth noting that our perspective encompasses international human rights law, encompassing international humanitarian law and international criminal law.
Scholarship Summary for 2024 American University Human Rights Essay Award For Young Graduates
- Host Country: United States of America (USA)
- Study Abroad: Study in USA
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Journal Publications
- No IELTS Required
- Deadline: February 1, 2024
Scholarship Details for 2024 American University Human Rights Essay Award For Young Graduates
The Human Rights Essay Award is a yearly contest supported by the Academy, designed to inspire the creation of academic research in the field of international human rights law.
Please note that the 2021 Program of Advanced Studies in Human Rights and Humanitarian Law was conducted virtually in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic. The decision regarding whether the 2024 Program will be held virtually will be at the discretion of the Academy.
- Must hold a law degree, Juris Doctor, (J.D.), Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), or equivalent.
- Shall have a demonstrated experience or interest in international human rights law.
- Have the flexibility to choose any subject related to the 2024 topic: ¨Protection and Assurance of Human Rights in Digital Environments¨
- Must keep in mind the essay must be a legal article citation sources.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The Academy will confer two Awards, one for the finest article written in English and one for the finest article composed in Spanish. Each Award will include:
- A complete tuition scholarship for the Program of Advanced Studies on Human Rights and Humanitarian Law, offering either the Diploma or Certificate of Attendance options (please note that this scholarship does not cover travel, accommodation, or daily living expenses)
- The top articles may also have the opportunity to be published in the American University International Law Review, a distinguished journal known for its wide-ranging and pertinent academic content. This respected journal typically receives around 1,500 submissions annually and publishes legal research by professors, judges, legal practitioners, and esteemed scholars.
Method of Application
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have any inquiries or require further information, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 48 to 72 business hours for responses.
We encourage you to revisit this page regularly for updates on the 2024 Human Rights Essay Award.