APPLY: 2024 Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship on Entrepreneurship For African Graduates
The Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship Entrepreneurship provides African students and recent graduates with the chance to access training, resources, financial backing, and a mentorship network, empowering them to cultivate their entrepreneurial capabilities and kickstart their own ventures.
This well-structured program is designed to support aspiring entrepreneurs in navigating an intensive training curriculum. Among its many advantages, the program offers valuable access to a network of seasoned coaches and mentors who offer practical guidance for their business endeavors.
Summary for 2024 Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship on Entrepreneurship For African Graduates
- Host: Mastercard Foundation
- Eligible Countries: African Countries
- Reward: $15,500
- Deadline: December 4, 2023
Details for 024 Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship on Entrepreneurship For African Graduates
Individuals who display a strong desire for learning, a readiness to take risks, and a wholehearted commitment are granted access to the full range of resources available at our innovation center.
The 8-month program is designed to foster an extraordinary entrepreneurial skillset and a growth-oriented mindset in leaders, empowering them to steer both social and financial impact.
To qualify for the Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship on Entrepreneurship, you should meet the following criteria:
- Hold a degree in any academic field from an African post-secondary institution. Whether you’re currently working on a business or planning to start a new venture, we’re here to support you.
- Display a strong commitment to nurturing your entrepreneurial mindset and leveraging the resources offered to develop your enterprise. The program is delivered virtually and allows flexibility in terms of pacing, but the most dedicated participants will invest a minimum of 10 hours per week. Progressing through program phases requires timely submission of assignments.
- The program’s content is primarily in English, and mentorship may be available in both English and French. Assignments and pitches must be completed in English. Applicants who may not be proficient in English are still encouraged to apply and can collaborate with someone who can fulfill program requirements in English. Prospective fellows can also work with their local university to devise a strategy for accessing resources that assist in overcoming language-related challenges.
Duration and Reward
- In the final phase, a maximum of 60 Fellows will be chosen to receive a stipend of $500 CAD.
- Fellows will have the opportunity to participate in a pitch competition at the end of the program, with chances to win prizes of up to $15,000 CAD.
- Selected Fellows may also have the chance to travel to the Dunin-Deshpande Queen’s Innovation Centre, fostering valuable connections to support the growth of their business ventures.
Method of Application
Interested and eligible candidates are invited to apply using the provided link below.