APPLY: 2024 KAC Global Tobacco Harm Reduction Scholarship Program For International Students
The KAC Global Tobacco Harm Reduction Scholarship Program stands as a flagship initiative for Knowledge•Action•Change (K•A•C). Introduced in 2018, this Program has made an unparalleled worldwide impact, with scholars on six continents successfully executing diverse projects. Our efforts have forged a broad and influential network of advocates dedicated to spreading awareness about tobacco harm reduction across the globe. This report chronicles our remarkable journey and progress during the initial year of this three-year Program.
Scholarship Summary for Global Tobacco Harm Reduction Scholarship
- Host: Knowledge•Action•Change Inc (Europe)
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: $12,000 Project Stipend | Travel Allowance
- No IELTS Required
- Deadline: November 30, 2023
Drawing from the triumphs of past scholarship initiatives, Knowledge•Action•Change (K•A•C) is excited to declare the initiation of the 7th K•A•C Global Tobacco Harm Reduction Scholarship Program.
Indicative examples of the types of project proposals that the scheme would like to receive:
- Scoping research on THR priorities in a country
- Designing a research project on the nature or use of THR products
- Improving the applicant’s understanding of science and science skills by links with, or placement within, a research team or THR organisation
- Designing and initiating an intervention project to enhance public and/or professional understanding of THR and related projects
- Forming an organisation to take forward research on THR
- Developing a THR intervention project within a health and social care setting
- Making and disseminating a film(s) or other media containing credible and accurate information about THR
- Organising workshops and training events on THR
- Developing science communication skills related to THR
- Writing a research paper or other material for academic publication on THR
- Establishing a website and/or other media resources to improve understanding of THR
- Examining how poorer countries might overcome challenges presented by ‘high tech’ THR initiatives.
The scholarships programme prioritises applications from low, and middle-income countries.
We welcome applications from any potential scholars with an interest in THR. This includes:
- People intending to enter into the field of research into THR and/or public health
- Harm reduction professionals
- Postgraduate students
- Researchers and scientists
- Medical professionals
- Internet and social media professionals
- Film makers and other audio-visual professionals.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
Scholars can expect considerable input. This includes:
- Assistance in honing your proposal post-submission
- A stipend of $12,000 to undertake the project
- Travel to and from Warsaw to attend the Global Forum on Nicotine (GFN) (read programme highlights)
- An online course in the theory and practice of THR
- Accommodation for the whole period of GFN, including additional days for scholars
- Per diems for the duration of GFN
- Enrolment onto the Mentoring scheme, with a named expert mentor (read programme highlights)
- Ongoing support from the Scholarship Programme Manager
- Assistance with problem solving – both practical and academic
- The opportunity to return to Warsaw in 2025 to share your findings, either as a poster display, as a speaker, or as an enhanced scholar.
WHAT SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS CAN EXPECT?
- Attendance at Global Forum on Nicotine (GFN) 2024 in Warsaw, Poland
- The opportunity to hear the experiences of previous scholars
- Support in identifying ‘next steps’ in a possible career in the field of THR
- A bespoke scholar’s programme
- Expert mentoring and support throughout the scholarship programme
- The possibility of showing the outcome of your project at GFN or similar event in 2025
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicant should apply using the link below;
- Complete your profile (nationality, contact details, etc).
- Complete the THR-101 mini-course & quiz (at least 70% required)
- Submit your proposal
The submission system automatically saves your progress, enabling you to securely prepare your submission over multiple days.