APPLY: 2024 MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship Program For Young World Leaders
The MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship Program offers a unique leadership opportunity to individuals aged 18-26 from across the globe, dedicated to initiating community projects.
This year-long program focuses on education, health, and economic security, equipping young participants with the skills needed to emerge as change leaders in their communities. Through leadership development, fostering global citizenship, enhancing self-awareness, and planning a visionary path, the program empowers these young leaders.
Summary – MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship
- Host Country: United States of America (USA)
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Sponsorship | Accommodation | Feeding | Flight Tickets
- No IELTS Required
- Deadline: November 12, 2023
Details of MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship:
The 2024 MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship is scheduled to be held in New York, New York, and Burlington, Vermont, from July 9 to 18, 2024. Accommodations will be hosted by New York University in New York and Champlain College in Burlington, Vermont.
The Young Leaders Fellowship commences with a vital phase known as the Community Needs Assessment. This one-month community needs mapping initiative is designed to prepare young individuals, aged 18-26 and hailing from various parts of the world, to gain a deeper understanding of their local communities.
Following the completion of the community needs assessment, the Young Leaders engage in an intensive one-month Virtual Program aimed at nurturing their potential as catalysts for positive change within their respective communities.
Requirements for MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship:
- To qualify for the MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship Program, you should meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to your community.
- Identify a community issue related to education, health, or economic security.
- Be within the age range of 18-26 at the commencement of the program (June 1, 2024).
- Possess proficiency in both written and spoken English.
- Pledge to conduct the Community Needs Assessment in June, participate in the 10-day in-person program in July, and dedicate the following year to executing your community project.
- Have access to email and the internet to facilitate ongoing communication with the MCW Global Team and Young Leaders Fellowship alumni-mentor throughout the year-long program.
- Adhere to the Young Leaders Fellowship graduation guidelines, which will be provided upon acceptance to the program.
- Be eligible for the necessary visa and travel documentation.
- Submit a completed application on or before Sunday, November 12, 2023, by 11:59 PM (NYC EST time).
MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship Duration and Reward
- International Economy Flights for international participants
- Domestic Economy flights for United States participants
- Housing from the evening of July 8 – July 18, 2024
- Three meals per day from July 9 – July 18, 2024
- Round Trip Travel from New York, New York to Burlington, Vermont
- Public Transportation to/from JFK, LaGuardia, and Newark Airports
COST NOT COVERED BY MCW
- Passport Fees
- Visa Fees
- In-Country Costs(travel to the airport, extra baggage fees, etc.)
Required Documents For MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship
- The application must be filled out in English.
- Letters of recommendation and resumes also need to be written in English. Any part of the application that is not written in English will not be read and be considered incomplete.
- The application includes:
- General Information
- Essay Questions
- Identify an issue in your community that concerns you. How would you address this issue?
- Describe one time you have faced a challenge and used a leadership skill to come up with a solution.
- Your resume should not be more than 1 page. We suggest that it be prepared in Times New Roman, 12 font, with 1-inch margins.
- Two Letters of recommendation
- Your letters should come from people who know your work ethic and commitment to your community. Friends and family members are discouraged from writing letters of recommendation.
- Recommenders should state their name, position, contact info, and relationship to the applicant at the top of the letter.
- Liability Waiver
- At the end of the application, please review the terms and conditions.
- Application Portal
- Click below to create an account and submit the application by Sunday, November 12, 2023.
Method of Application
If you’re interested and meet the qualifications for the MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship, please submit your application using the link provided below.
MCW will offer accommodation for the night before and after the program for individuals whose flight schedules necessitate early arrival or late departure. Please note that this accommodation is regarded as an integral part of the program, and it is the participant’s responsibility to inform MCW at least one month prior to the program’s commencement if such accommodation is needed.