APPLY: 2024 United States International University-Africa/Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program For Young Africans
The United States International University-Africa/Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program offers comprehensive scholarships to young African students who are applying for their first undergraduate degree. United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) has joined forces with the Mastercard Foundation as part of its global Scholars Program. This collaboration aims to provide academically gifted young individuals from Africa, who may encounter financial, gender-related, displacement, or disability-related challenges, with an opportunity to access a high-quality university education.
Scholarship Summary for 2024 United States International University-Africa/Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program For Young Africans
- Host: USIU-Africa/Mastercard Foundation
- Study Abroad: Study in Africa
- Eligible Countries: African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Accommodation | Stipend
- No IELTS Required
- Deadline: November 24, 2023
Scholarship Details for 2024 United States International University-Africa/Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program For Young Africans
The scholarship is intended for African youth who possess the following qualities, including but not limited to, young women, refugees/displaced youth, persons with disabilities, and young men with the following qualities;
- Academic talent
- Commitment to giving back to their communities
- Leadership potential
- Be 29 years and below at the time of application.
- Meet the minimum university entry grade of a C+ and above or its equivalent as set by the Kenya Commission for University Education. Applicants interested in courses in the school of Pharmacy and Health Sciences must have a mean grade of B- or its equivalent and at least a C+ or B- in the cluster subjects of English, Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry. International applicants must meet the equivalent.
- Must be interested in any of the approved 13 undergraduate degree programs for the Scholars Program at USIU-Africa as follows:
- School of Science and Technology (SST) – Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Technology, Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Technology, Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering and Bachelor of Science in Data Science and Analytics
- School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (SPHS) – Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics;
- School of Communication, Cinematic and Creative Arts (SCCCA) – Bachelor of Arts in Animation, Bachelor of Arts in Film Production and Directing;
- Chandaria School of Business (CSB) – Bachelor of Science in Finance, Bachelor of Science in International Business Administration and Bachelor of Science in Accounting;
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS) – Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Have proven record of leadership involvement and community give back engagement.
- Demonstrate socio-economic disadvantage.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The Mastercard Foundation Scholars at USIU-Africa will benefit from comprehensive support, which encompasses:
- Tuition and functional fees;
- Laptops, books, and other learning materials;
- Reasonable accommodation and meals;
- Medical insurance;
- Transport to and from home;
- Access to leadership training;
- Access to entrepreneurial training;
- Psycho-social support, career counseling, and mentorship;
- Disability needs will be reasonably catered for.
Method of Application
Please submit your complete application along with the required supporting documents via email. Ensure that all scanned copies of the scholarship application form and necessary documents are in PDF format. When sending, clearly name the email subject with your name and nationality. You can send the application to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may deliver your application to the Scholars Program Office, located in the School of Graduate Studies, Research, and Extension building at USIU-Africa. You can also mail your application to the following address:
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program,
United States International University – Africa,
P. O. Box 14634 – 00800, Nairobi – Kenya
Please note that applicants should only submit one complete application. Duplicate or incomplete applications will not be considered. Additionally, any attempts at canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.