FAO Recruitment (October 2023): Open Jobs/Vacancies
Are you enthusiastic about promoting food security, sustainable agriculture, and rural development? Are you driven to have a positive impact on the lives of people worldwide? If your answer is yes, a career with the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) could be the ideal opportunity for you. This article offers detailed insights into FAO recruitment, current job openings, and the application process.
FAO Recruitment Process
The FAO, a UN specialized agency dedicated to eradicating hunger, offers diverse career opportunities spanning agriculture, forestry, fisheries, and more. Their recruitment process involves these key steps:
- Vacancy Announcement: FAO announces job openings on their official website and other relevant platforms, specifying position details and application deadlines.
- Application Submission: Candidates apply through the FAO iRecruitment system, creating a profile to apply for multiple positions.
- Screening and Shortlisting: FAO reviews applications, shortlisting candidates based on qualifications and experience.
- Assessment Methods: Shortlisted candidates may face various assessments, like tests, interviews, presentations, or practical exercises, tailored to the position.
- Selection Decision: Following assessments, FAO’s selection panel makes decisions, and successful candidates receive employment offers.
- Onboarding: Accepted candidates undergo orientation, training, and policy familiarization to integrate into FAO’s work environment.
Open Vacancies at FAO:
FAO provides a diverse array of job opportunities at its Rome, Italy headquarters and decentralized offices globally. These roles span from technical experts and project managers to policy advisors and researchers, encompassing administrative positions and more.
For up-to-date vacancies, visit the FAO iRecruitment system, where you can filter by location, job category, and keywords. It’s noteworthy that FAO values diversity and inclusion and welcomes candidates from all backgrounds.
About The FAO iRecruitment system
The FAO iRecruitment system, developed by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations, is an online platform aimed at streamlining and simplifying the organization’s recruitment process for job openings. It serves as a centralized hub for handling job applications, candidate profiles, and recruitment-related tasks.
This system offers a user-friendly interface, accessible to both internal and external candidates, facilitating the search and application for job opportunities within FAO. It incorporates a range of features and functionalities to ensure a seamless and efficient recruitment procedure.
Among the essential features of the FAO iRecruitment system is its job search functionality, enabling candidates to explore a wide array of job vacancies posted by FAO in various locations and fields of expertise. For each position, the system provides comprehensive job descriptions, requirements, and qualifications, empowering candidates to make well-informed decisions regarding their applications.
To apply for a job through this system, candidates are required to create an online profile. This profile includes personal information, educational background, work experience, skills, and other pertinent details. After setting up their profiles, candidates can electronically submit their applications for specific job openings.
The FAO iRecruitment system also offers a tracking feature, allowing candidates to monitor their application status during the recruitment process. They can access updates regarding their application’s progress, such as shortlisting, interview invitations, or final selection. Furthermore, candidates have the flexibility to update their profiles at any time, reflecting changes in their qualifications or contact information.
To apply for a job at FAO, please follow these steps:
- Visit the official FAO career website at https://jobs.fao.org/
- Search for a position that aligns with your qualifications and interests.
- Click on the job title to access the comprehensive vacancy announcement.
- Thoroughly review the position’s requirements and responsibilities.
- Initiate your online application by clicking the “Apply” button.
- Create a personal profile within the FAO iRecruitment system or log in if you already have one.
- Complete the necessary information, which includes your personal particulars, educational background, work experience, and skills.
- Verify your application to ensure all details are accurate and complete.
- Submit your application by the specified deadline.
After submitting your application, you will receive a confirmation email. FAO will reach out to shortlisted candidates for further assessments. If you do not receive contact within a reasonable timeframe, it indicates that your application was not successful.