The German Government DAAD Scholarships provide an opportunity for graduates from developing and newly industrialized nations, irrespective of their field of study and possessing a minimum of two years of professional experience, to pursue a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university. In exceptional cases, the scholarship may also support doctoral studies, leading to the attainment of a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
Study-In-Germany: 2023 German Government DAAD Scholarships for International Students
The German Government DAAD Scholarships through its development-focused postgraduate study programs, DAAD actively supports the education and training of professionals from developing and newly industrialized countries. These well-prepared local experts, with international connections, play a pivotal role in the sustainable development of their respective nations.
Scholarship Summary for 2023 German Government DAAD Scholarships for International Students
- Host Country: Germany
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Accomodaion | 1,200 Euros Monthly Stipend | Airfare Allowance
- Deadline: Varies By Courses
- Economic Sciences/ Business Administration/ Political Economics
- Development Cooperation
- Engineering and Related Sciences
- Regional and Urban Planning
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Natural and Environmental Sciences
- Medicine and Public Health
- Social Sciences, Education and Law
- Media Studies
Works for either a public authority or a state or private company in a developing nation, actively involved in the planning and execution of initiatives and projects that focus on developmental policies in technological, economic, or social domains.
- Possesses a Bachelor’s degree, typically of four years in a relevant field.
- Has achieved outstanding academic results, typically placing in the upper third of their class, and has a minimum of two years of pertinent professional experience following the completion of their first degree (bachelor) at the time of application.
- The academic degrees earned should generally not exceed six years in age.
- Applicants who have resided in Germany for over 15 months as of the application deadline will not be eligible for consideration.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 934 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Completed and signed checklist
- DAAD application“Application for a research/study scholarship” (please type your answers or make sure they are easy to read)
- A curriculum vitae in reverse chronological order without any unexplained gaps(please use the europass template including exact information about your studies, and on practical experience
- A comprehensive Letter of Motivation detailing your academic, professional, and personal motivations for applying to the program. IMPORTANT: If you are applying for more than one postgraduate course (up to a maximum of 3 courses), please explain your choice of courses and prioritize them in your Letter of Motivation. Submit a consistent Letter of Motivation for all the postgraduate degree programs you select.
- A Letter of Recommendation from your current employer, featuring official letterhead, a signature, an official stamp, and a current date (not enclosed in a sealed envelope).
- Employment Certificates from your employer(s) demonstrating a minimum of two years of relevant work experience after obtaining your Bachelor’s degree, up to the time of application. If possible, include a guarantee of re-employment from your current employer upon your return to your home country.
- Recent evidence of Language Proficiency:
- For English, provide either IELTS or TOEFL scores (Note: Institutional TOEFL scores are not accepted).
- For courses taught in German, German language proficiency is required.
- Copies of your higher education degree certificates. If the original documents are not in English or German, please supply certified translations and ensure they are clearly legible.
- A copy of your complete academic transcript, along with an explanation of the grading system if it is not already included in the transcript.
- Applicants from the People’s Republic of China are requested to include an APS Certificate with their application materials.
Method of Application
Apply directly to the chosen study program
Application and Selection Procedure
- Step 1: Submit your comprehensive application(s) directly to the relevant postgraduate course(s).
- Step 2: A selection committee identifies potential candidates for a DAAD scholarship.
- Step 3: The selected candidates will receive communication from DAAD, requesting them to upload their complete applications to the DAAD Portal.
- Step 4: The selection procedure will be concluded, and the chosen candidates will be duly notified.