Study-In-Canada: 2024 McGill University MasterCard Scholarships For International Students
The McGill University MasterCard Scholarships aim to empower academically gifted young leaders from Sub-Saharan Africa by providing them with access to a world-class university education and comprehensive support structures to ensure their success.
In the past decade, this program has supported 120 accomplished undergraduate and graduate scholars in completing their degrees at McGill University. This initiative has been extended for an additional 10 years at McGill. Since 2013, McGill University has collaborated with the Mastercard Foundation to deliver the Scholars Program on both of its campuses.
Scholarship Summary for 2024 McGill University MasterCard Scholarships For International Students
- Host Country: Canada
- Study Abroad: Study in Canada
- Eligible Countries: All Sub-Saharan African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Monthly Stipends | Accommodation
- No IELTS Required
- Deadline: December 1, 2023
Scholarship Details for 2024 McGill University MasterCard Scholarships For International Students
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program envisions building a dynamic network of young individuals and institutions dedicated to fostering inclusive and equitable socio-economic transformations in Africa.
Since its inception in 2012, the program has empowered nearly 40,000 young Africans to pursue secondary or tertiary education.
To ensure the success of Scholars and young people throughout Africa, we recognize the imperative of tackling systemic obstacles in higher education, enhancing institutional capabilities, promoting innovative solutions in vital sectors, and fostering collaboration among ecosystem stakeholders to amplify our impact across the continent.
- Be admissible to one of the eligible non-thesis programs at McGill University
- Have never registered for /completed any graduate studies;
- Be a citizen of, and reside in a Sub Saharan African Country (see list of eligible countries);
- Have a valid passport and be admissible to Canada as an International Student(requiring a Study Permit). Those with dual citizenship, asylee, refugee or permanent resident status in the US, Canada, UK or EU are not eligible.
- You are welcome to apply even if you do not identify with a Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program priority group (listed below), however those who self identify with one of the following groups will be given precedence in the selection process.
- Refugee or Internally Displaced Person
- Person with Disabilities
- Have an exceptional record of service and activity in your school and/or community;
- Have an intent to return to your country immediately upon the completion of your degree with the goal of transforming your community through social and economic development;
- Must be less than 35 years old at the time of application.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Full Scholarship
- Monthly Stipends
- Airfare Tickets
Eligible Master’s Programs (Non-Thesis ONLY)
- Animal Science: Sustainable Agriculture
- Bioresource Engineering – Environmental Engineering
- Bioresource Engineering – Integrated Food & Bioprocessing
- Bioresource Engineering – Integrated Water Resource Management
- Food Science and Agricultural Chemistry – Food Science
- Food Science and Agricultural Chemistry – Food Safety
- Human Nutrition: Project
- Public Health
- Public Policy (maximum of 5 Scholars per year)
Method of Application
McGill University Graduate Programs: Initiate your graduate application process. Please hold off on making the application processing fee payment initially, but ensure you complete all other required steps.
Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program: Fill out the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Application Form to have your eligibility evaluated for the study program and scholarship. Please note that only complete applications from candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be reviewed.