Study-In-Europe: 2024 Friedrich Naumann Foundation Scholarship for International Students
The Friedrich Naumann Foundation Scholarship welcomes eligible international applicants who are pursuing their initial degrees, including Master’s and Ph.D. programs, at a state or state-recognized higher education institution in Germany, Switzerland, or anywhere within the European Union. The Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom is a German-based foundation committed to promoting liberal principles and providing political education.
The foundation’s mission is to champion the values of freedom and human dignity for all individuals across all sectors of society, both within Germany and internationally.
Scholarship Summary for 2024 Friedrich Naumann Foundation Scholarship for International Students
- Host Country: Germany | Switzerland
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Eligible Countries: All Non-European Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | 10,000 Euros Per Annum Stipends
- Deadline: October 31, 2023
Scholarship Details for 2024 Friedrich Naumann Foundation Scholarship for International Students
The Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom, headquartered in the Federal Republic of Germany, is dedicated to advancing liberal ideals and providing political education.
The scholarship program encompasses full-time Master’s and Ph.D. degrees across a wide range of subjects, with the exception of the following categories: second degrees, LL.M, MBA, part-time degrees, bachelor’s degrees for non-European applicants, doctorate studies in dentistry and medicine, postdoctoral programs, as well as projects and isolated periods abroad.
These scholarships are designed for young individuals who are dedicated to the political principles upheld by the German liberal party and are ready to shoulder responsibility.
Applicants can come from any academic discipline or field of study offered at state-recognized universities of applied sciences or higher education institutions in Germany.
Recipients of scholarships from the Foundation for Freedom are regarded as integral members of the broader ‘liberal family’ in Germany.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Master’s Degree: The scholarship provides financial support of up to €861 per month, along with contributions towards health insurance. The Foundation also extends non-financial support for projects, events, and initiatives.
- The minimum duration for funding is 2 semesters, and recipients are not required to repay the scholarships. Initially, funding is granted for a period of 1 year.
- Upon request, extensions may be granted to cover the entire duration of the course. However, it’s important to note that study and research stays, as well as internships abroad, are not covered by the scholarship.
Available Programs: This scholarship encompasses full-time Master’s and Ph.D. programs across various subjects, with exceptions as follows: second degrees, LL.M, MBA, part-time programs, bachelor’s degrees for non-European applicants, doctorate studies in dentistry and medicine, postdoctoral programs, and projects or separate stays abroad.
Method of Application
Application documents must be submitted in the German language, and the selection interview will also be conducted in German, even if you are seeking funding for an English-language program or a Ph.D. program in English. Proficiency in the German language is therefore a prerequisite. Application deadlines occur on the 30th of April and the 31st of October each year.
For comprehensive application details, please visit the official website (linked below).