Study-In-Korea: 2024 Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) For International Students
The Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) is designed for international students aspiring to pursue Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Ph.D. degrees in Korean universities.
For the year 2024, the Korean Government’s Global Korea Scholarship program is committed to welcoming international students interested in pursuing undergraduate degrees in Korea. The scholarship’s primary objective is to afford international students the opportunity to engage in advanced studies at Korean higher education institutions. This endeavor aims to cultivate global leaders and foster networks that promote friendship with Korea on a worldwide scale.
Scholarship Summary for 2024 Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) For International Students
- Host: Korean Government
- Study Abroad: Study in Asia
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Monthly Stipends | Accommodation | Airfare Ticket
- No IELTS Required
- Deadline: October 15, 2023
Scholarship Details for 2024 Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) For International Students
In 2024, the Global Korea Scholarship program, initiated by the Korean Government, seeks to welcome international students with a desire to pursue undergraduate degrees in Korea.
Prospective applicants have two options for the application process: they can apply through a Korean Embassy in their home country (referred to as the embassy track) or directly to one of the designated universities in Korea (known as the university track).
To obtain comprehensive information about the application submission process, including details about application deadlines, necessary documents, interviews, and more, it is advisable to reach out to the primary selection organizations, whether it’s the embassy or the university. It’s important to note that the application submission deadlines may vary depending on the specific embassy or university that conducts the initial round of selection.
- Candidates and their parents must hold non-Korean citizenship.
- KGSP-G: under 40
- KGSP-U: under 25
- Candidates must be physically and mentally healthy for their studies in Korea.
- KGSP-G: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- KGSP-U: High school diploma
- The cumulative grade point average (CGPA) must be 80% or higher; or
- The CGPA must be 2.64/ 4.0, 2.80/ 4.3, 2.91/ 4.5, or 3.23/ 5.0 or higher.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Medical Insurance
- Settlement Allowance
- Completion Grants
- The Global Korea Scholarship is tailored to offer international students the opportunity to pursue academic degrees at higher education institutions in Korea. This endeavor aims to enrich international education exchange and foster stronger bonds of friendship between Korea and the participating countries.
- Applicants can choose to submit their applications through either Korean Embassies worldwide or partnering universities within Korea. In the first round of selection, these organizations identify successful candidates.
- Subsequently, the NIIED selection committee conducts the second round of selection, choosing candidates from those who passed the initial round.
- Among the successful candidates from the second round, those who applied through Korean Embassies have their applications reviewed by universities for admission. To be eligible for the scholarship, successful candidates must secure admission from at least one of the participating universities.
Method of Application
- The deadline for application submissions may vary depending on the specific embassy or university overseeing the first round of selection.
- Applicants can apply for the Korean Government Scholarship via the Korean Embassy in their home country or directly through a participating Korean University.
- Detailed guidelines for the application process can be found in the accompanying document.