Study-In-Korea: 2024 Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) For International Students
The Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) is designed for international students aspiring to pursue Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Ph.D. degrees at Korean universities.
In the year 2024, the Korean Government’s Global Korea Scholarship program is focused on inviting international students interested in pursuing undergraduate degrees in Korea. This scholarship program is intended to offer international students the chance to engage in advanced studies at higher education institutions in Korea, fostering the development of global leaders and fostering networks that promote friendly relations with Korea on a global scale.”
Scholarship Summary for 2024 Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) For International Students
- Host: Korean Government
- Study Abroad: Study in Asia
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Monthly Stipends | Accommodation | Airfare Ticket
- No IELTS Required
- Deadline: October 15, 2023
Scholarship Details for 2024 Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) For International Students
In 2024, the Korean Government’s Global Korea Scholarship program is dedicated to welcoming international students interested in pursuing undergraduate degrees in Korea.
Applicants have two options for applying: they can apply through the Korean Embassy in their home country (embassy track) or directly to one of the designated universities (university track). To obtain comprehensive information about the application process, including deadlines, required documents, interviews, and more, please reach out to the first-level selection organizations, which can be either the embassy or the university. It’s important to note that the application submission deadline may vary depending on the specific embassy or university conducting the initial selection round.
In order to qualify for the Korean Government Scholarship:
- Candidates and their parents must hold non-Korean citizenship.
- KGSP-G: under 40
- KGSP-U: under 25
- Candidates must be physically and mentally healthy for their studies in Korea.
- KGSP-G: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- KGSP-U: High school diploma
- The cumulative grade point average (CGPA) must be 80% or higher; or
- The CGPA must be 2.64/ 4.0, 2.80/ 4.3, 2.91/ 4.5, or 3.23/ 5.0 or higher.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Medical Insurance
- Settlement Allowance
- Completion Grants
The Global Korea Scholarship is created to offer international students the chance to pursue academic degrees at higher education institutions in Korea. This initiative aims to promote international educational exchange and foster stronger bonds of friendship between Korea and the participating countries.
- Applicants are required to submit their applications either to Korean Embassies located worldwide or to partnering universities in Korea. The initial selection process, known as the first round of selection, is carried out by the embassies and universities, during which successful candidates are chosen. The applications of these successful candidates are then forwarded to NIIED.
- The NIIED selection committee undertakes the second round of selection, selecting candidates from among those who successfully passed the first round.
- Among the candidates who have successfully advanced to the second round, those who applied through Korean Embassies will have their applications reviewed by universities for admission. To secure the scholarship, successful candidates must receive admission offers from at least one of the universities.
Method of Application
- The application submission deadline may vary depending on the specific embassy or university responsible for conducting the initial round of selection.
- Applicants have the option to apply for the Korean Government Scholarship either through the Korean Embassy in their home country or directly to a participating Korean University.