Study-In-Netherlands: 2024 Maastricht University Scholarship For International Students
The Maastricht University Scholarship for International Students is designed for individuals from countries outside the EU/EEA who aspire to pursue a complete degree program in the Netherlands. This scholarship initiative comprises two components: the High Potential Scholarship, funded by the Maastricht University Scholarship Fund, and the NL Scholarship, financially supported by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science in collaboration with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences.
Scholarship Summary for 2024 Maastricht University Scholarship For International Students
- Host Country: Netherlands
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: €30,000
- No IELTS Required
- Deadline: February 1, 2024
Scholarship Details for 2024 Maastricht University Scholarship For International Students
The Maastricht University (UM) NL-High Potential Scholarship program provides 24 full scholarships amounting to €30,000 each academic year, which covers the tuition fee waiver and a monthly stipend. These scholarships are available to exceptionally talented students from countries outside the European Union (EU) who have gained admission to a master’s program at UM.
All applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- Hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA, Switzerland, or Surinam, and meet the visa and residence permit requirements for the Netherlands.
- Do not possess dual nationality from an EU/EEA country.
- Have submitted an application for admission to a participating full-time master’s program at Maastricht University (see list of participating programs) for the 2024-2025 academic year.
- Satisfy the specific admission prerequisites of the UM master’s program to which they have applied.
- Have never previously enrolled in a degree-seeking higher education program in the Netherlands. Applicants who have completed exchange programs in the Netherlands are eligible to apply.
- Be under the age of 35 as of September 1, 2024.
- Have attained outstanding academic achievements in their prior educational endeavors, as evidenced by their most recent grade transcript or verified by academic excellence certification. In the event that multiple applicants possess equivalent qualifications, UM will prioritize applicants whose academic records or certified letters of academic excellence establish them among the top 5% of scholarship program candidates for the 2024-2025 academic year.
- The Scholarship programme offers 24 full scholarships of € 30,000 (including tuition fee waiver and monthly stipend) each academic year
- 13 months for a one-year master programme
- 25 months for a two-year master programme
To apply for the scholarship, candidates must be prepared to submit the following documentation:
- Curriculum vitae (CV): Ensure that your CV is current and concise, containing pertinent details about your educational and professional background. Limit the CV to no more than two A4 pages.
- Letter of motivation: Utilize the provided template for the motivation letter, which will focus on your motivation for seeking the scholarship.
- Proof of academic excellence: Provide one of the following documents as evidence of your academic excellence:
- University transcript explicitly stating your grade point average or class ranking (e.g., first class honors) for your entire academic program.
- A letter, signed by the Head of Department or Registrar at your institution, confirming that you are among the top 20 students in your graduating year. Ensure the letter includes the contact details of your Head of Department or Registrar.
4. Personal statement of financial needs: Explain why you would benefit from receiving the scholarship and describe your personal circumstances, such as financial challenges, sole parental or caregiving responsibilities, medical conditions, disabilities, refugee status, etc.
5. Reference letter: Share the scholarship reference letter guidelines with your chosen referee to assist them in crafting a strong reference letter on your behalf. Please note that referees should be (former) professors, lecturers, or employers, not family members. Ensure that recommendation letters are dated and written no earlier than February 2023.
6. Contact details of one referee: Take the following steps when selecting a referee and providing their details, as we may verify the authenticity of your referee by reaching out to them:
- Specify the relationship between you and the referee (e.g., professor, thesis supervisor, employer). Family members cannot serve as referees.
- Include your referee’s work telephone number, including the appropriate country calling code.
- Provide your referee’s work or institutional email address. Letters referencing only a personal email address will not be accepted.
Method of Application
Applicants who meet the qualifications and are interested in applying should click the “CLICK HERE TO APPLY” button to submit the necessary documents and finalize the application procedure..