Study-In-Netherlands: 2024 VU Amsterdam Fellowship Programme for International Students
The VU Amsterdam Fellowship Programme for International Students presents an exceptional chance for promising students from outside the EU/EEA to embark on a Master’s degree at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
VU Amsterdam is dedicated to allocating around 1 million euros to draw in highly motivated and outstanding students.
Summary for 2024 VU Amsterdam Fellowship Programme for International Students
- Host: Vrije Universiteit
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Eligible Countries: Non- EU/ EEA Countries
- Reward: Tuition Fee | Accommodation
- No IELTS Required
- Deadline: February 1, 2024
Details for 2024 VU Amsterdam Fellowship Programme for International Students
The VUFP scholarship is available for either a one-year or two-year Master’s program. For a two-year Master’s program, the scholarship will be renewed for the second year if the student successfully completes 100% of the ECTS of the first year.
Students currently enrolled in a two-year Master’s program who did not receive the VUFP scholarship in the 2023/2024 academic year are ineligible to apply for the VUFP scholarship for the 2024/2025 academic year.
To qualify for the VU Amsterdam Fellowship Programme, you must meet the following criteria:
- You possess a non-EU/EEA passport and are not eligible for the reduced tuition fee.
- You are not a Dutch national.
- You can demonstrate your academic excellence with a GPA equivalent to a Dutch 8.
- You have received conditional or unconditional admission to the first year of a full-time English-taught Master’s program at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, commencing in September 2024. Please note that:
- Students commencing their studies in February are not eligible to apply.
- Joint programs where VU Amsterdam is not responsible for the admission process are not covered by the VUFP.
- The degree for which you are seeking admission has not been obtained in the Netherlands.
- You are not required to complete a preparatory program before starting your Master’s program.
The VUFP scholarship covers tuition fees exclusively and does not include additional allowances for study or living expenses, such as rent, food, or insurance. Please ensure that you can independently fund these living costs.
- When applying for the VUFP scholarship, you will automatically be considered for the NL Scholarship (formerly HSP), and a separate application is not required.
- The NL Scholarship provides financial support for living expenses, offering either 5,000 EUR or 10,000 EUR for the entire duration of your study program. Please note:
- The NL Scholarship is granted solely for the first year of your study program. It will not be extended to the second year, even if you are enrolled in a two-year program.
- We offer approximately 20-25 HSP scholarships, and only a few of the VUFP recipients will receive the NL Scholarship.
Method of Application
Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria are invited to click the “APPLY NOW” button to commence and finalize their applications.