Study-In-Rwanda: 2024 CMU-Africa Mastercard Scholarships For African Students
The CMU-Africa Mastercard Scholarships program is a beacon of hope for talented students whose dreams shine brighter than their financial resources. This initiative is designed to empower graduate students, allowing them to pursue their Master of Science degrees in fields such as Information Technology, Electrical and Computer Engineering, and Engineering Artificial Intelligence.
The program’s impact goes beyond the classroom. Once these aspiring scholars complete their degrees, they become catalysts for change in their communities and contribute to meaningful transformations across the African continent.
CMU-Africa is proud to be part of a global network of 33 Scholars Program partners, all of which share a commitment to nurturing Africa’s future leaders. This interconnected community of institutions is dedicated to developing young talent and fostering leadership potential, ensuring a brighter and more promising future for the continent.
Scholarship Summary for 2024 CMU-Africa Mastercard Scholarships For African Students
- Host Country: Rwanda
- Study Abroad: Study in Africa
- Eligible Countries: All Sub-Sahara African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Monthly Stipends | Accommodation | Airfare Ticket
- Deadline: December 15, 2023
Scholarship Details for 2024 CMU-Africa Mastercard Scholarships For African Students
In the year 2016, CMU-Africa proudly introduced the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, a pivotal milestone in the institution’s journey. This scholarship program extends its benevolent arms to students whose brilliance and potential outshine their financial means.
At the heart of this initiative lies a profound belief: that education stands as the ultimate catalyst for social and economic transformation. The program places special emphasis on cultivating visionary leaders who possess the power to drive significant change in their communities. It encourages these scholars to be proactive contributors, ensuring that they become the transformative forces Africa needs for a brighter future.
Scholars have encountered social and economic challenges and have showcased the following characteristics:
- Academic talent: Scholars value learning and have the drive to complete their education.
- Commitment to giving back: Scholars have demonstrated a commitment to improving their communities.
- Potential to lead: Scholars will become role models, mentors, and change-makers.
To qualify for the Scholars Program, students must initially gain admission to one of CMU-Africa’s degree programs.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Full Scholarship
- Monthly Stipends
- Airfare Tickets
Method of Application
There are two steps to apply to CMU-Africa:
Important Notice: Due to the ongoing global COVID-19 pandemic, we will not be accepting GRE scores for this admissions cycle.
Key Dates to Remember
These are the crucial dates to keep in mind when applying to CMU-Africa and understanding the admissions decision process:
- October 1: The application period begins. You can initiate your application for the MSIT, MSECE, and MSEAI programs.
- December 15: Early admission deadline. Submit your application by December 15 to have CMU-Africa cover your competency test fees. To learn more about these test fees, visit our website.
- January 15: Final application deadline. Applications received after the early admission deadline will only be considered if they include valid DET/IELTS/TOEFL scores.
- January to April: Application review period. After the final application deadline, all application components will undergo review.
- April to May: Admission decisions are communicated to applicants. You will receive email updates from our admissions team regarding the status of your application at each stage. You can also track your application’s progress via your application portal.
- July to August: The New Student Foundation Program is conducted for admitted students. This program is designed to assist new students in making a successful transition to CMU-Africa.
- September: The semester commences for admitted students. Our Academic Calendar serves as the primary source of information and planning for Carnegie Mellon University’s students, faculty, staff, departments, and external organizations. It includes registration dates, class start dates, add/drop deadlines, examination dates, and more.”