Study-In-UK: 2024 Oxford-Weidenfeld and Hoffmann Scholarship For International Students

The Oxford-Weidenfeld and Hoffmann Scholarship is designed to offer exceptional university graduates and professionals hailing from developing and emerging economies the opportunity to embark on fully-funded graduate studies at the University of Oxford. This unique scholarship program is complemented by an extensive framework for leadership development, sustained mentorship, and networking.

The inception of the Oxford-Weidenfeld and Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme dates back to 2015, in commemoration of Lord Weidenfeld’s 95th birthday, made possible by the generous contributions of multiple donors. In June 2017, Trustee and Chairman André Hoffmann further bolstered the initiative with a substantial donation of £9 million to the Trust. This contribution, combined with £6 million in matched funding from Oxford University, effectively doubled the scale and impact of the Oxford-Weidenfeld and Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme.

 Scholarship Summary for 2024 Oxford-Weidenfeld and Hoffmann Scholarship For International Students

  • Host Country: United Kingdom (UK)
  • Study Abroad: Study in UK
  • Eligible Countries: All Countries
  • Reward: Full Scholarship | £18,622 allowance
  • Deadline: January 19, 2024

Scholarship Details for 2024 Oxford-Weidenfeld and Hoffmann Scholarship For International Students

The scholarship in question is an integral component of the Oxford Graduate Scholarships program, which was founded through an innovative, dual-funding approach aimed at offering fully-funded scholarships to exceptionally talented graduate students from around the globe. In this initiative, the University itself contributes 40% of the financial resources required for these scholarships, while the remaining 60% is generously provided by benefactors who support the Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Trust, including the Foundation Hoffmann.

Scholarship Requirements:

  • Applicants must be in the process of applying for a new graduate course at Oxford.
  • It is expected that recipients have the intention to return to their country of usual residence upon the completion of their course. Note that students currently enrolled at Oxford are not eligible to apply, except for those who already hold the status of Weidenfeld-Hoffmann scholars.
  • Candidates should be capable of illustrating a clear connection between their chosen field of study and their long-term career aspirations, detailing how their professional endeavors will contribute to enhancing public life in their country of origin or on a broader regional or global scale.

Scholarship Duration and Reward

  • The scholarship encompasses the full coverage of course fees and provides a living cost stipend (amounting to at least £18,622). The awards are granted to cover the complete duration of the fee obligation for the selected course.

Method of Application

To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must designate the Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme in the University of Oxford Scholarships section within the University’s graduate application form. The graduate study application must also be submitted by the relevant December or January deadline corresponding to the chosen course. Specific deadline information for your course can be found on the respective course page.

Additionally, candidates are required to complete a Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships Statement and submit it, along with their graduate application form, before the specified deadline.

Megafea Editors

CLICK HERE TO APPLY