Study-In-UK: 2024 University of Oxford Mastercard AfOx Scholarships For African Students
The University of Oxford Mastercard AfOx Scholarships aims to offer a fully-funded opportunity to 400 young African scholars, enabling them to pursue taught Master’s degrees in programs related to pandemic preparedness and recovery at the University of Oxford. This initiative, supported by the Mastercard Foundation AfOx Scholarship program, is dedicated to empowering passionate, locally-rooted, and globally-minded African youth in their pursuit of graduate studies at the University of Oxford. It aligns with the shared values of collegiality, empathy, commitment, inclusion, and community between the Mastercard Foundation and AfOx. This scholarship is part of the broader AfOx Graduate Scholars Program, which seeks to assist African students in accessing opportunities at Oxford and in thriving both during and after their tenure at the University.
Scholarship Summary for 2024 University of Oxford Mastercard AfOx Scholarships For African Students
- Host Country: United Kingdom (UK)
- Study Abroad: Study in UK
- Eligible Countries: All African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Accomodation | Monthly Stipends | Airfare Tickets
- No IELTS Required
- Deadline: December 31, 2023
Scholarship Details for 2024 University of Oxford Mastercard AfOx Scholarships For African Students
The scholarship covers a comprehensive one-year taught Master’s program at Oxford, focused on providing Scholars with essential technical, entrepreneurial, and leadership skills. It also facilitates their connection to world-leading resources in their respective fields. The scholarship program features several vital components, including robust support and readiness for students to begin their studies, a strong emphasis on life skills beyond academic training, and assistance in building a lifelong network of alumni.
Each Scholar will receive top-notch training in specific disciplines crucial for addressing urgent challenges, encompassing areas like food systems, health sciences, sustainable water and energy systems, governance and public policy, and entrepreneurship, among others. Their programs will align with the four AfOx themes relevant to Africa’s Agenda 2063 and the Sustainable Development Goals: Healthy People, Integrated Societies, Green Futures, and Innovation for Prosperity.
The Mastercard Foundation AfOx Scholarship provides an opportunity for students from all African countries to pursue graduate studies at the University of Oxford. It is open to all students with African nationality and residency who receive a conditional offer from the University. The scholarship places particular emphasis on groups that have historically been underrepresented, including, but not limited to, female scholars, individuals from refugee and displaced backgrounds, and disabled scholars. Special considerations regarding residence will be made for students from refugee and displaced backgrounds.
- To be considered for this scholarship, you must first submit your application for graduate study to the University of Oxford through the graduate admissions portal by the deadline for your chosen course. It is essential to thoroughly review the Application Guide before proceeding with your application. We strongly recommend that you submit your application form and all supporting documents at least a week before the December/January deadline for your course.
- Eligible candidates who receive a conditional offer from their course will be subsequently invited to apply for the AfOx Graduate Scholarship Program. All invited candidates will be required to complete the AfOx Graduate Scholarship questionnaire as part of the application process.
- Shortlisted candidates will undergo virtual interviews before the final decisions are made, and the specific timelines will be communicated during the interview stage.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The full-cost scholarship is open to Master’s students and encompasses the coverage of tuition fees and living expenses for international students. Furthermore, the scholarship includes comprehensive logistics support, comprising an economy return flight, visa fees, Immigration Health Surcharge fees, a settling-down allowance, and access to a Thrive Fund for emergencies.
During the initial year, students will engage in a challenging academic Master’s program at Oxford and participate in a Leadership and Impact Programme. This program is designed to assist scholars in cultivating collaborative leadership skills necessary for devising cross-sector, interdisciplinary solutions to address intricate social and environmental challenges.
Method of Application
To be eligible for this scholarship, please complete the following steps:
- Submit your application for graduate study to the University of Oxford through the graduate admissions portal before the deadline for your chosen course of study.
- Thoroughly review the Application Guide before initiating the application process. It is highly recommended to submit your application form and all accompanying documents at least one week before the course’s December/January deadline.
- Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria and receive a conditional offer from their selected course will be invited to apply for the AfOx Graduate Scholarship Program.
- All invited candidates will be required to complete the AfOx Graduate Scholarship questionnaire during the application process.
- Shortlisted candidates will undergo virtual interviews before final decisions are made, and the specific timelines will be communicated during the interview stage.